August 30, 2017 - May 31, 2018 Residency
Regina Public Library invites applications from Canadian creative writers for the position of Writer-in-Residence. The candidate of choice will have the flexibility to organize and attend events throughout the residency period.
The successful candidate will spend at least 40 per cent of his/her time working with Regina Public Library to schedule and deliver individual consultations, community/school visits, and group workshops and seminars. Up to 60 per cent of his/her time will be devoted to personal writing projects.
Candidate of choice will have:
- Experience working with the public;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Encouraging attitude with a strong ability to inspire others;
- Adept at handling group facilitation activities in order to bring members of the public together in a shared experience;
- Exceptional instructional skills aimed at ensuring positive learning, and a demonstrated ability to provide constructive criticism in a compassionate manner;
- Experience managing a public social media presence on Facebook; and
- Published works, and a background in the literary field in Canada.
Please include a cover letter that provides:
- Information on why you are a good candidate for this position, taking into consideration and addressing the requirements outlined above;
- An explanation of your writing – the genres you prefer, the format of your writing (poetry, short fiction, etc.) and where your works have been published; and
- Examples of previous experience working with the public and leading workshops, one-on-one coaching and mentoring, etc.
Also provide your CV or résumé; a 10-page writing sample (no more than 10 pages, please); and three letters of reference, one from a supervisor or community leader who can attest to your leadership skills. References should include a daytime and evening phone number and an email address.
Application deadline: Applications must be received by 4:00 pm April 10, 2017.
Writer-in-Residence Search Committee
Community Engagement and Programming
Regina Public Library
P.O. Box 2311 (2311 -12th Avenue)
Regina, SK S4P 3Z5