General FAQs

Can I apply for more than one discipline or grant at the same deadline?

Please contact the program consultant if you have questions about eligibility for multiple grants.

What happens if my report is overdue?

If your report is overdue, please contact the consultant. You will not be eligible to apply for further grants until all final reports are submitted and approved. If you have an open grant where the report is not overdue, you may be eligible to apply to certain programs. Contact the consultant for more information.

Do I have to live in Saskatchewan to be eligible for funding?

You must be a Saskatchewan resident to receive funding. For the purposes of eligibility, artists are considered Saskatchewan residents if they:

  • Are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
  • Have lived and pursued their creative work and careers in the province for a minimum of one year prior to the date of making the grant application
  • Have a permanent physical address in Saskatchewan, and
  • Live in Saskatchewan for at least six months in a year.

There are exemptions for artists temporarily absent from the province for an arts education or artistic opportunity (e.g. artist residency.)

Can a portion of the grant be issued to each member of a collective?

We are unable to divide a grant and/or pay portions of a grant to each member of a collaborative team.

How is my personal information handled?

Information submitted in funding applications is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. View our full confidentiality statement here.

What are the standard per diem rates?

Current per diem rates within the Saskatchewan public service are as follows: the in-province per diem is $41 and the out-of-province per diem is $51.

What if the application closing date is on a weekend or holiday?

Applications are now accepted online, so they must be received by the stated deadline date.

What is a personal contribution?

Your personal contribution is the eligible project expense amount left over after you've listed and totaled your revenue sources for your project (including the Arts Board funding request), i.e. the amount you'll have to contribute to complete the project.

What are my chances of receiving funding?

The funding available and number of applications received vary in each program and at every deadline. The Saskatchewan Arts Board is able to fund between 30 to 40 percent of the total applications recommended for funding by juries.

Do you fund music videos?

Music videos are not eligible for funding under our current programs.

Can I fax or e-mail my application?

Applications are now accepted online. If you are unable to complete an online application, please contact the program consultant for alternatives.

How do you define a professional artist?

Professional artists have completed training in their discipline through formal studies or apprenticeships, maintain a professional practice, and display or present their work in a manner recognized by peers in their art form. There may be additional discipline-specific details in some programs (e.g. Independent Artists Program).

Whom do I speak to about funding?

Contact the appropriate Program Consultant for your discipline or activity.

How do I apply for funding, and what are the closing dates?

Funding applications are available for download under each funding program. Closing dates vary from program to program. Applications must be submitted online by the closing date, where applicable.

Which artistic discipline does my work fall under?

If you are unsure of the discipline or program under which you should apply for funding, please contact one of our Program Consultants for advice.

Specific Program FAQs